Saturday, July 30, 2011

Blog prompt 1 - soldier

Singapore, just a mere dot on the world map, had been through ups and downs. WW2 had really shaken Singapore like an earthquake, rendering Singapore in tatters. Through the harsh reality, we have learnt to rely on no one but ourselves. Singapore as small as we are, is limited of both hinterland and manpower, causing the series of troubles we face in the early years. In such cases, we need to rely on our young men to protect and defend our country. This is essential to be self-reliant as it is the first step to be independent.
I am can that I am patriotic and proud of my country. However, I am not sure whether I would be to the extent of dying for my country and I cannot be sure whether I can sacrifice as much as what the soldiers are doing for England. But what I can be sure of is that I am grateful and very thankful to Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment